Engagement Coordinators (known internally as Project Support Specialists) are responsible for scheduling consultations between GLG’s clients and selected Council Members, including business leaders, scientists, academics, former public sector leaders and subject matter specialists. Engagement Coordinators will develop a deep understanding of GLG’s business model, project lifecycles, and end-client markets. Engagement Coordinators will also acquire experience and expertise in client servicing and professional communication.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Schedule consultations between GLG’s clients and Council Members and provide support in an efficient, personable, and thorough manner
- Appreciate the urgency of competing projects and prioritize accordingly
- Handle requests outside of standard business hours and on weekends as needed
- Navigate requests with varying compliance requirements and client-specific preferences
- Establish and build strong working relationships with GLG Client Solutions colleagues and clients
- Successfully execute against project objectives, seeing each project through to completion
- Align with and develop a deep understanding of a specific end-client market
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment
- Ability to communicate and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals
- Interest in building a business and in all business-building related activities
- Experience working with online ticketing systems (i.e., Zendesk)
- Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Strong desire to work in a team
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
Culture and Professional Development:
The Austin office also offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work-space, an in-office barista bar, book club, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.