GLG is seeking a bright motivated individual to work in our Accounting department on our Council Member (CM) payments team. This individual should be confident in their ability to work independently within a multi-office environment and have strong communication skills both verbal and written.
The Accountant, Council Member Payments will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in reviewing and processing our Council Member payments
- Review and post Council Member payments into the accounting system, Great Plains
- Work with our global banking partner in investigating and resolving payment issues
- Manage email communication with our Council Member facing team, answering all accounting related questions they may have
- Reissue lost or errant Council Member Payments
- Investigate payment system issues and work with the IT team to analyze and correct
- Contribute to reporting for Senior Management
- Find ways to increase efficiency both on the CM payments team and within the Accounting department
- Assist in general day to day accounting tasks
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related major
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Self-starter, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions
- Previous knowledge of accounting related systems
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Great Plains experience a plus
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.