GLG seeks a lawyer to join the Company’s legal department. This candidate will be highly organized, efficient, proactive, impeccably trustworthy, and resourceful.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- draft and negotiate client and vendor contracts for the Company
- together with other team members, enforce processes to ensure the highest legal and compliance standards are met in all aspects of the business
- team with other legal department lawyers and non-lawyer personnel to ensure timely execution of legal and compliance related tasks for the Company
- manage contracts with clients, experts and their institutions, and vendors
- Law degree from a top law school, with demonstrated excellent academic performance
- Member of the State Bar of at least one state of the United States
- A pragmatic, team-oriented approach to problem solving, with a high degree of urgency and strong stakeholder service ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology
- Must have impeccable references
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Admission to the State Bar of Texas, California, or New York
- At least 3-5 years’ experience as a transactional attorney in a business law firm and previous experience as in-house counsel
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.