GLG is seeking an entrepreneurial Business Development Manager to help close new relationships with consulting, market research, and marketing firms in the Americas. Significant room exists for the sales representative to accelerate GLG’s growth in this segment by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with new prospect firms.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Engage key constituents/buyers at prospects as a thought partner, in order to understand these clients’ work, differentiate the company’s brand, and tailor GLG’s value proposition;
- Develop a revenue proposal/strategy for growth and close new relationships in accordance with PSF’s pricing guidelines
- Execute against a revenue target;
- Coordinate closely with colleagues across teams and around the world, particularly with stakeholders on client servicing teams;
- Provide real-time analysis of closes and pipeline.
Key performance metrics for this role include performance to revenue target, adherence to PSF pricing guidelines; effectiveness and frequency of senior-level client engagement, and adoption by clients of GLG’s service.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-7+ years of demonstrated success of selling new clients in a sophisticated environment
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A tenacity to engage prospects by telephone and in person
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success
- A willingness to travel (30-40% of the time)
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have creative, proactive, and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG's platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG's 600,000+ member-experts and 1,600 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.