GLG is transforming the way the world’s top professionals share expertise and learn. Global, technology-enabled, and nimble, GLG curates custom learning opportunities among professionals and major thought leaders across fields. GLG supports knowledge exchange through conversations, small group convenings, mentorships, expert surveys, and more. GLG’s network of 500,000 experts works with our 900 employees in 21 offices in 12 countries.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, and professionalism.
We are seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated individual to assist the Events Team in coordination of internal and external meetings. This candidate will be highly organized, efficient, proactive, trustworthy, and resourceful.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- General administrative support in a high frequency and fast paced setting, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of meetings
- Venue selection, negotiations, and contracting
- Arrangements for meeting logistic and onsite/virtual support
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal teams
- Tracking costs, budget entry, and accurate data managements
- Management of target lists and vendor contact lists
- Internal and external communication assistance
- Marketing development and scheduling support
- Meeting support for key internal team events, including but not limited to:
- Event set up and tear down
- Conference materials inventory, supply and shipping management
- Internal team call scheduling
- Itinerary development for GLG Councils and internal teams
- Support for internal GLG meetings such as training summits and employee engagement events
- Assist in development of annual event plans and timelines for various formats of events across multiple business units
- Provide timely updates and reporting on various event metrics
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree from a top university
- 0-3 years of event logistical planning experience in positions within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or related company
- High level of accuracy and attention to details in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- Excellent customer service skills including professional oral and written communication, and strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software, and a track record of learning how to use new software tools
- Experience interacting with senior professionals in a manner consistent with high quality service
- Flexibility to work as needed to drive toward results and promote a top customer service experience for clients and internal team members
- Ability to work on an augmented schedule based on assigned project and business needs
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to lift items up to 20 lbs.
- Sense of urgency and ownership
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Listens effectively
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.