GLG seeks an experienced lawyer to join the Company’s Legal and Compliance team, in an integral function to a compliance-focused business.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Together with the Chief Compliance Officer, and other members of leadership, design and implement processes to ensure the highest legal and ethical standards are met in all aspects of the business.
- Work as part of a team of 30+ professionals located in 7 worldwide offices to ensure timely and thoughtful support for client service professionals across regions and across all business units.
- Work with business teams on new initiatives, product enhancements and changes to business processes to help ensure GLG’s high compliance standards are incorporated and implemented. Will work closely with key personnel in client servicing, software development, training, product and other leadership to enable growth.
- Direct client-facing role that includes, articulating key aspects of GLG’s value proposition.
- Directly engaging with clients to help implement their compliance policies.
- Work with compliance team to design and implement training program for GLG employee staff.
- Make and implement decisions on compliance matters.
- Partner with legal and business teams around the world to advance business initiatives while maintaining GLG’s industry-leading compliance standards.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Law Degree, with demonstrated legal experience.
- 7+ years of combined experience in a law firm and/or regulatory role.
- Familiarity with financial services industry and federal securities laws.
- Proven effectiveness at managing complex matters from inception to close.
- Experience supervising professionals and teaching others.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400+ employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.