The GLG Content / Industry Specialist will serve as an internal resident expert on GLG’s capabilities in one of these sectors and help drive commercial opportunities:
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT)
- Consumer Goods & Services (CGS)
- Energy & Industrials (EI)
You will be the right candidate if you are…
- Passionate about all or specific segments within the TMT, CGS, or EI sector.
- Curious about how the latest developments, trends, and outlook of the sector impact capital markets.
- Capable of using your knowledge of the TMT, CGS, or EI sector to help scope client research requests and match our clients with the best available expertise.
- Take responsibility for the work you do and are proactive in seeking opportunities to grow.
- Willing to engage in impactful client work and hold yourself to the highest standards.
- Able to foster meaningful relationships with clients using your knowledge and expertise.
- Responsive, insightful, and excited by the mandate to satisfy clients.
- Capable of approaching a problem with an open mind and coming to a creative solution.
- Accountable for the work you do and proactive in seeking opportunities to grow.
Specific responsibilities and qualifications include (but are not limited to):
- Strong TMT, CGS, or EI industry content expertise and a willingness to follow trends and key developments with an eye towards better servicing GLG clients and serving as a resource to other client servicing professionals.
- Engage with clients to understand their research needs and scope requests and suggest the most suitable experts
- Utilize industry expertise to find the most qualified experts to connect with clients.
- Direct our recruiting efforts where you uncover expertise gaps in our network.
- Facilitate the execution of our client engagement plans across client investment strategies and seniorities by connecting TMT, CGS, or EI experts with our clients.
- Work as part of collaborative interoffice teams to deliver results.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2 years relevant experience, ideally in marketing or industry research within the TMT, CGS, or EI space. Other relevant experience in the industry will be considered.
- The ability to “connect the dots” between trending topics and investor priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to project professionalism and competence in front of clients.
- Successful candidate will be a confident, persuasive, and able communicator comfortably with unfamiliar topics and challenging client situations.
- An orientation toward action and passion for execution. Ability to manage a large number of highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
Express a strong desire to work in a team.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG's platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG's 600,000+ member-experts and 1,600 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.