GLG is seeking an Engagement Team Leader to oversee a client service team of five to ten early-career professionals within the Professional Services Firms segment. They will have an opportunity to own a fast-paced and competitive book of business comprised of leading strategy consultancies across the United States. The Engagement Team Leader is responsible for coordinating and executing short and mid-term client projects; driving continuous improvement through close coaching on project management and client service; and ensuring his/her team meets or exceeds its commercial, development, compliance, and people targets. They will work at the forefront of innovation by collaborating with team and PSF Leadership in developing and implementing leading business performance improvement initiatives.
The role is based in our Austin, Texas office, and reports into a Pod Leader on the PSF segment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and lead a team of junior to mid-level professionals. Ensure best-in-class client service practices are upheld through close coaching and support of direct reports in their professional development, while actively managing overall team performance. Exemplify GLG leadership and culture in and outside the team.
- Facilitate custom learning engagements between GLG experts (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policymakers across all sectors) and our clients. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence research, internal studies, or other strategic/operational engagements. Interactions mainly consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, but may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or other custom, in-depth engagements.
- Promote a culture around custom recruiting by attracting new Council Members to participate in time-sensitive engagements
- Collaborate with PSF leadership to create and pilot strategic operational and talent initiatives
- Develop and implement strategy for key PSF accounts in close collaboration with the PSF Leadership team. Track team performance and create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near- and long-term.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2 to 4 years of consulting experience or direct experience in a client service capacity
- Results-oriented focus and track record of business growth/turnaround
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive, client service-oriented work environment
- Excel in a metrics-driven, entrepreneurial, and challenging environment
- Passion for problem-solving and delighting clients
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Prior success in global and cross-functional collaboration
- Understanding of professional services firms. Interest in working across industries (energy, consumer, healthcare, technology financial services, etc.)
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
LG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.