GLG’s Events leverage Gerson Lehrman Group’s core asset – the Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Councils – to participate in small group meetings, roundtables, and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and other GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around the different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
GLG currently has the following Event Manager openings:
Event Manager – Corporate
This position will lead the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings focusing on Corporate clients across different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Event Manager - Conferences
This position will lead the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings auxiliary to industry conferences across different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world. Must be flexible to work in the evening to accommodate client needs.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Understand the importance of client service and being user-focused
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multitasking & negotiation guru
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Partner with our content generation team to produce user centric events to increase user acquisition and retention
- Experience with Tech events a plus but not necessary
- Operational management of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of meetings
- Data Management and Analysis; campaign and user patterns and KPIs
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils/Speakers
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI
- Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Partnering with the Content team on event materials, including promotional and descriptive copy
- Facilitation and management of marketing efforts and material, targeting both internal and external audiences, via multiple channels
- Leadership of internal teams engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Setting process standards and showing strong decision-making abilities
- Client-facing and customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
- At least Four Years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility preferably within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or company in a related field
- Event planning experience, including:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism.
- Strong copy editing skills are a pre-requisite
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 300,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.