GLG’s Events Specialist leverages GLG’s core asset – the GLG Councils – to participate in small and midsize group meetings, roundtables and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around industry conferences, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
GLG currently has the following Event Specialist opening:
Event Specialist – Conferences
This position will lead the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings that are auxiliary to industry conferences across different industries, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world. Must be flexible to work in the evening to accommodate client needs.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Understand the importance of client service and being user focused
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multitasking & negotiation guru
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Operational and logistical management of multiple meetings and events, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of meetings around industry conferences
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal teams
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI.
- Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event materials, including promotional and descriptive copy
- Researching and suggesting alternative GLG Council Members for ongoing project requests based on content needs
- Partnering with content to adhere to multiple compliance guidelines
- Leadership of internal team engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong decision making abilities
- Managing speakers, internal teams and clients participation both directly and in collaboration with internal partners
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication
- At least 2 Years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility preferably within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or company in a related field
- Event planning experience, including:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism.
- Strong copy editing skills are a pre-requisite
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.