Senior Manager, Operations Strategy, Austin Texas
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon integrity, creativity, intensity, and professionalism.
- The overall purpose of the role is to partner with leadership of the 100+ employee Council Management Operations organization to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and systems
- You will be responsible for understanding workflows and collaborating with Operations leadership to optimize and measure workflows across Member Solutions, Network Development and Project Support functions
- Success in the role entails effective partnership with Operations leadership to understand the needs of their businesses and ensure their teams are positioned to optimally support GLG’s 500,000+ Council Members and 1,400+ employees
You will report to a Vice President of Strategy who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. At the same time, this role is designed to enjoy a great deal of autonomy from day one to drive forward projects large projects which can be measured quantitatively
This role will offer a broad exposure to the Strategy, Council Management, Research, and Operations and Engineering groups in an entrepreneurial environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Process design: Understand end to end processes; aid in building rigorous measurement, recommend modifications where necessary
- Analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to convert u201canecdotal hunchesu201d into fact-based decision making
- Systems implementation: Support implementation of new systems and workflow tools; including diving in to configure such tools as necessary to improve team performance
- Report design: Design and implement reporting that enables business leaders to ensure functions are running smoothly, with early alerting to problems or errors
- Continuous improvement: Employ a continuous improvement mindset to constantly improve performance both within the group and across the organization, sharing diagnoses of root causes and methods of addressing those root causes with leadership
- Implementation: Work with Operations leadership, technology, sales and other teams to implement recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
This person is methodical and meticulous. He/she needs to operate with a keen sense of partnership and the ability to build consensus around problem-solving within initiatives he/she is driving, particularly at the Operations leadership level. He/she also needs to be able to u201chelicopteru201d between big-picture, goal-level thinking and precise accountability for all u201cdevil’s in the detailsu201d-related issues, as well as balance the need for process standardization with the need for agility.
Specific requirements include:
- 5-10 years in Operations Consulting, Operations Management or Process Design/engineering
- Some consulting experience preferred with the best candidate having both consulting and operational experience
- Proven experience leading teams both with direct authority and influence/indirect authority
- Experience in a front line service organization (call center, customer success, inside sales) a strong plus
- Experience with any call routing, lead outreach or ticketing software (e.g., Zendesk, Five9, Sales Loft) a plus
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Experience of conducting high quality analysis
- Expert facility with Excel and Powerpoint; experience with additional data analysis or process modeling tools preferred (please specify any in your resume)
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to travel ~15-25% of the time to NY, Dublin and Asia
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.