GLG is seeking an experienced Office Manager with hospitality knowledge to support daily operations of GLG’s busy downtown Austin office, complete with barista bars and outside terrace. The Office Manager will manage the office support staff and facilities operations of a dynamic activity-based work setting that supports over 650 employees and many visitors. In addition to traditional office work, GLG’s Austin office hosts multiple large training sessions and senior leadership forums supported by internal event professionals, facilities and external caterers. Working with the Senior Manager of Facilities / Austin, the Office Manager will oversee daily facility operations, manage staff, coordinate onsite meetings and events, manage office moves, manage janitorial upkeep and execute administrative duties, all while ensuring GLG employee health, safety and security in compliance with policies and governing regulations.
GLG Office Manager is minimally responsible for:
- Facilities Operations and Administration Oversight. Daily operations and administration of Austin office including maintaining optimal working environment related to people flow, workspaces, environmental systems, pantries and barista bars; security and health and safety. Maintain office accounts, vendor relationships, expenses and office budgets. Assist to create, improve and maintain office procedures and guidelines. Interface with landlord and maintenance staff to ensure proper operating procedures and building systems. Manage mail services, parking allocations, locker assignments and other staff workplace needs. Work with IT, HR and other departments to ensure health and safety policies and business continuity.
- Staff Management and Communication. Manage, coordinate and train GLG Hosts, outsourced facilities team members, AV consultant, food service vendors, baristas and others to ensure smooth daily office operations. Respond to facilities work requests from staff, execute solutions, manage tasks through completion and follow up to measure results. Assist with office communications and new hire on-boarding.
- Meeting and Event Coordination. Organize in-office and off-site events & gatherings, including space reservations, food and beverage ordering, run-of-show meeting attendance, verify budgets, scope and approval. Ensure rooms, equipment, catering, supplies and materials meet expectations.
- Space Planning and Office Coordination. Working with the Senior Facilities Manager, connect with senior management and facilities leadership on department reorganizations and coordinate staff office moves with diplomacy and efficiency. Able to read floor plans and create documents related to moves, adds and changes as well as have a general understanding of building systems and interior fit-out construction.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree required- preferably in the business, facilities, or hospitality fields
- Experience working in a large-scale office environment, preferably an office size of 100 individuals or greater
- Must have experience managing budgets and leading people and projects
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently on projects and be flexible to communicate and work with team members
- Must be extremely efficient, creative and resourceful while maintaining highest professional standards
- Must have superior professional, academic and character references
- Minimally three to five years office administration and management experience required
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.)
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat and lift up to 30lbs
- Willingness to run errands per needs of the business
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Relocation assistance offered to qualified candidate
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and alternative strategies
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG/Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.