GLG Research Interns will spend the majority of their time building and managing the GLG Councils—networks of thousands of world-renowned experts in their professional fields and industries. GLG Research Interns will also work on customized projects and requests from their assigned Research team, which may include conducting web-based research on important news stories for a practice area, compiling statistical data on network composition and recruiting efforts, identifying executives in transition, assisting with data management efforts, responding to expert inquiries, and reviving relationships with experts whose activity with GLG has lapsed. Also, each intern will be responsible for conducting an independent research study in their assigned field or tangential field of interest, which will ultimately be presented to GLG upper management.
The summer internship opportunity will be a full time (40 hours per week) position.
- Support research team to increase participation rates in research projects including consultative opportunities and surveys
- Build specific industry networks through the identification of critical experts
- Maintain the integrity of expert information with cross references and phone outreach
- Conduct an independent research study in their assigned field/tangential field of interest. Examples include conducting quantitative analysis on industry networks to inform strategic decision making or an overview of a rapidly growing industry, i.e. The Internet of Things
GLG Research Interns are expected to pursue and handle increasing responsibility. They should be able to demonstrate a history of extracurricular or academic interests that will help GLG identify all of the qualities listed below:
- Strong academic qualifications including a cumulative 3.3 GPA or higher
- Previous work experience with transferable skills to the internship
- Demonstrated leadership or teamwork experience (through academic, employment, or extracurricular activities)
- Strong analytical and multitasking skills
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Highly professional written and verbal communication skills; ability to quickly and effectively communicate a range of simple and complex material
Benefits of the GLG Research Internship Experience
- Hands on exposure to some of the most influential companies, investment community firms, and world renowned experts in their respective fields
- Fun and energetic environment working alongside smart, motivated early career professionalsWork alongside energetic and motivated GLG full-time employees, as well as a cohort of ~15 other full-time GLG interns
- Introduction and exposure to various industries by tracking relevant news and company research within:
- Healthcare and Biomedical
- Technology, Media, and Telecommunications
- Energy and Industrials
- Consumer Goods and Services
- Real Estate
- Financial and Business Services
- Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Legal Economic and Regulatory Affairs
- Live and work in downtown Austin, TX - one of the fastest growing, most desirable cities in the US
- Attend weekly roundtable discussions centered around professional development, as well as exploratory forums discussing high-demand career paths both inside and outsideof GLG
- Listen into teleconferences and webcasts conducted by top experts about high-growth industries and events moving the market
- Regularly work and interface with GLG employees across various offices and levels of seniority. Interact daily with your GLG mentor, a full-time employee on your designated team, responsible for your performance and professional development
- Develop and/or enhance baseline skill sets for future corporate employmentdeep expertise in a new field via creating and presenting an in-depth research study for your GLG management team
- Potential opportunity for full time employment (based on availability and performance) following the internship
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.