GLG is seeking a Staff Accountant. The primary responsibility of the Staff Accountant will be the accurate and timely processing of payments for global events and corporate accounts payable on a daily basis.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Weekly and monthly reconciliation of the Corporate and Events credit card program
- Liaison with internal Events team
- Creating and processing check and ACH payment batches
- Investigate payment processing related issues
- Answer accounts payable vendor and management inquiries
- Assist in the monthly close process and annual external audit
- Assist with the reconciliation of intercompany and prepaid accounts
- Entering of journal entries and other general ledger reclasses
- Process daily wire payments using online banking systems
- Assist with employee T&E reimbursement process
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with an Accounting concentration
- Some Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that drive professional interactions with GLG employees and vendors
- Strong work ethic and desire to advance within the field of Accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferred
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work on a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and client needs
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.