Events & Marketing Manager
GLG’s Events team programs compelling convening’s with global thought leaders and top practitioners and manages all surrounding and supporting logistics. The Event & Content Marketing Manager will play a key role in helping to shape and grow GLG’s Events program as well as the overall branding in China. This position requires an events & marketing professional who will collaborate with sales and research teams to identify, program, and execute a portfolio of meetings, roundtables, high-profile senior client events, and marketing initiatives that drive GLG’s commercialization goals. This position will support all of China events and marketing activities.
GLG’s Events leverages GLG’s core asset – the GLG Councils – to participate in small and midsize group meetings, roundtables, theme events, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around conferences, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Operational and logistical management of multiple meetings and events in China, including but not limited to:
- Strategic planning of all China events and live meetings.
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management / as well as virtual events.
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal team.
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI.
Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event/marketing materials, including promotional and descriptive copy.
Leadership of internal team engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong decision making abilities;
- Managing speakers, internal teams and clients participation both directly and in collaboration with internal stakeholders;
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication.
Support on branding and marketing of events and the GLG brand
- Manage all event collaterals via digital and print; support the creation, circulation and inventory of all Chinese marketing collaterals and branded items
- Support content creation in Chinese such as events content, translation, copy-editing, interviews, etc.
- Support all other branding and marketing activities in the region (i.e. logistics and content)
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 4-5 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within a PR/marketing agency, conference or tradeshow producer, or related media company;
- Events & marketing experience including ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong copyediting skills a pre-requisite;
- Successful track record of working in a team environment;
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment;
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting;
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required. Experience with design process and design tools is preferred.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.