Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking a Research Manager who will be responsible for developing our healthcare service coverage for financial service clients in Beijing. The person will work closely with our financial service team in Beijing to satisfy expert consultation requests in the healthcare domain.
This person is responsible for:
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members and our clients investing in healthcare sector, enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The specialist is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research request by analyzing client requests, building and qualifying primary populations of subject matter experts. Most GLG client/expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Developing healthcare knowledge expertise through regular interactions with healthcare sector experts, executing healthcare research projects and hosting live events such as group conversations / conferences / teleconferences, etc. The specialist is to become our in-house experts in GLG Beijing for healthcare related research activities.
- Maintaining GLG client relationships by taking ownership of clients who are specialized in healthcare investments. The specialist will support business development and client facing team in meeting with healthcare investor clients in GLG Beijing.
- Assist in the programming of healthcare client events. The specialist is responsible for supporting the client facing team in organizing and hosting small group conversations between GLG Healthcare Council Members and GLG clients.
- Compliance & Confidentiality. Exercise flawless judgment with respect to GLG’s compliance framework. Clearly communicate to clients the integrity and value of GLG’s compliance framework. Implement GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements and train new employees in those procedures.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree, or above from reputable university
- 3 to 6 years of experience working in healthcare industry, including healthcare market research companies, consultancies, pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device, healthcare service providers, etc.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities. Proficiency in English, particularly written form, is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Prior experience or fundamental understanding of the capital market will be a plus
- Strong curiosity towards a wide arrays of business subjects
- High level of integrity and ethical standards
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.