GLG: A Great Place for Engineers
Software Engineers at GLG build the platform that matches companies around the world with the people who can help them make the right call on their most important decisions on demand. Working on one of our self-organizing teams you’ll pair with other engineers, product managers, and users to set and achieve goals that help GLG continue to define the future of work.
The Problems You’ll Solve
How do you figure out what topic someone knows better than anyone else? How do you match that person to a business that has a problem they don’t fully understand? These are some of the ways our Engineers are solving these enormous problems right now:
- Search -- Working closely with our internal research team, we provide advanced search tools that let our research managers pinpoint the right people to introduce to our customers for each project. By integrating more and more data we are constantly striving to boost recall while maintaining high numbers for accuracy and keeping an interface that is simple and intuitive.
- Artificial Intelligence -- We currently make 10% of our matches with AI and machine learning techniques and are looking to steadily increase that percentage. This is a great start, but there is huge opportunity to improve our accuracy and scale.
Engineering at GLG
We are a rapidly growing team with a lot of programmers and relatively few managers -- a trend we’re hoping to keep as we continue to expand the team. We value results and flexibility over process and dogma. As a GLG engineer you will:
- Pick your own team and work with that team to set and achieve business objectives.
- Program in the languages you and your team choose.
- Work remotely when you want, but also access any of our amazing offices, worldwide.
- Make top-of-market salary.
You’re an ideal candidate if:
- You communicate and collaborate well.
- You are passionate about programming, beyond just as a job.
- You’re an expert programmer up and down the stack.
- You’re a lifelong learner, constantly experimenting with new languages and frameworks.
- You thrive in a self-directed environment.
- You measure your success in business results rather than lines of code.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.