We are looking for a talented and passionate Business Intelligence Engineer to approach data from a creative, analytical and automation perspective, helping support the delivery of scalable and innovative reporting and data solutions at GLG. A solid data warehousing experience working within a SQL and Linux environment is a requirement, with a sound understanding of database design and relationships between database objects. The ability to effectively communicate and collaboratively work with a global team is also essential.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working with Finance, Strategy, Engineering, and global Business Units to provide data driven analytics in the form of ad hoc analyses and reports.
- Interpreting business requirements and developing code to meet those requirements by creating or modifying existing SQL scripts.
- Review, document, update and maintain designs, codes and, quality testing standards and procedures.
- Data warehousing operations - Provide and/or coordinate troubleshooting support for BI data warehouse; ability to troubleshoot and monitor scheduled jobs.
- Collaborating and working with a global team in a decentralized environment
- Working under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related fields, or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with a relational database and writing intermediate to advanced level SQL queries.
- Experience working in a Linux environment required.
- Experience with complex scheduling and operations related to data warehousing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to translate between business and technical concepts)
- Strong documentation skills with an ability to identify, define and document business requirements – functional and system.
- Experience with Python, Tableau and R highly preferred.
- Experience in versioning control tools like GitHub preferred.
- Agile or Lean experience such as Kanban/Scrum methodologies preferred.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit constant attention to detail;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,600 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.