Overview of the Role:
Research support specialist within our Legal & Compliance operations team would be required to develop subject matter expertise on Compliance issues and shall be the first point of contact for Research Professionals. The individual will be interpreting the internal policies and guidelines, determining required actions and making recommendations based on firm guidance and framework.
Depending upon the position of the candidate, the responsibilities would include being responsive to client needs on immediate basis, performing in-depth reviews of the task assigned, analyzing tasks and arriving at logical and factual conclusions, since the work product is subject to review and scrutiny by clients/ regulators and senior management.
- Understanding and enforcing key requirements of firm and regulators’ Legal & Compliance rules and policies;
- Identifying and applying a strong distinction between the correct/incorrect business practices and escalate any compliance breaches;
- Reviewing and evaluating the completeness, accuracy and appropriateness of proposed transaction/requests;
- Managing tasks and activities in a timely manner with complete ownership of responsibilities;
- Providing periodic updates to domestic and international legal teams on various compliance related projects;
- Individual will reference existing policies; however, due to frequency of unique situations will need to research issues and, through situation-specific inquiries, propose solutions to issues;
- Maintain defined quality levels of performance as per SLA’s.
- Graduate/Post Graduate with 1-3 years of work experience;
- Candidates with legal /compliance and quality background will be preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Possess excellent Internet-based research skills. Familiarity with using subscribed Internet-based tools (Hoover’s, LinkedIn, Lexus-Nexus, etc.) would be an added advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Successful track record of working in a team environment;
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic environment often accompanied by stringent deadlines;
- Strong analytical bent of mind and structured problem-solving approach;
- Able to work and deliver under minimal supervision/independently.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
- Exhibit proficiency in MS Office skills, including advance knowledge of MS Excel.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.glg.it
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.