Client Service Associate Program - Summer 2019 intake (Hong Kong)
GLG is seeking recent (and pending) graduates to join our Client Service Associate Program in Hong Kong.
Our Client Service Associates are front-line client service professionals and the engine of GLG. They work closely with our clients -- professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consulting firms, and nonprofits -- on the critical decisions they make every day. These custom learning solutions include phone consultations and one-on-one meetings, as well as surveys, reports, and site tours with leading experts and C-suite executives.
Our Client Service Associates work in teams across industries, connecting our clients to the insight they need from leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other experts with years of on-the-ground experience. Client Service Associates themselves also develop into subject matter experts across industries and topics via their client service role.
The Client Service Associate Program begins with comprehensive training that lasts approximately six to nine months. During this time, responsibilities will gradually increase. Some of the key initial responsibilities include:
- Expanding GLG Councils and learning to effectively and clearly explain GLG’s value proposition and business model to leading industry thought leaders;
- Engaging Council Members on a daily basis to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests;
- Supporting senior team members on all aspects of client engagements; and
- Learning our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements.
As you progress to a Client Service Associate role you gain more autonomy by:
- Executing custom projects across client firms – including consultations, surveys, and special projects;
- Continuing to expand GLG Councils;
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service;
- Maintaining accountability and responsibility for client projects and overall client experience;
- Collaborating with our Business Development team on revenue growth opportunities and ensure retention on existing accounts;
- Collaborating closely with senior team members to program live event content for Asia as well as more broadly distributed virtual event content.
As a GLG Client Service Associate, you are coached through a number of personal development steps designed to support you to:
- Excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and challenging environment;
- Articulate GLG’s value proposition to engage the world’s top professionals;
- Communicate with clients to assess and scope their research needs;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, prioritization, communication, negotiation, problem solving, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of research products to creatively support clients;
- Grow relationships with thought leaders and clients to provide exceptional service.
GLG attracts employees from diverse academic and professional backgrounds. We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission to transform how professionals learn and who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Ideal candidates not only embody GLG’s values, but also have:
- Excellent communication skills in English and native Mandarin;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and insatiable desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service and building relationships across the full professional spectrum;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time; and
- 0-2 years relevant experience in a client-facing or analyst role, or commensurate experience in consulting, finance, law, journalism, or other relevant field
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.