GLG is seeking candidates to join our Asia Client Solutions Team in Hong Kong. Client Solutions Managers in our Private Equity (PE) Team, Financial Services practice work directly to support and manage client inquiries coming from our client firms based in Asia.
The Client Solutions Manager located in the Hong Kong office will be responsible for driving client, product, membership and content strategy for the Hong Kong practice specifically in the PE segment. Working in partnership with leaders across the Asia region, and reporting into the Head of Hong Kong Client Solutions, the Client Solutions Manager will also be responsible for leading and managing a high performing team of client and council facing professionals dedicated to the Hong Kong market across all sectors focused on PE clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Own full accountability and responsibility for a Hong Kong book of business by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on custom projects – consultations, surveys, market studies, and special projects
- Build relationships with investment professionals at leading institutional investors, corporate executives from multinational corporations, and consultants from premiere strategy and management consultancies
- Proactively generate user demand for GLG products and services across accounts of coverage
- Managing and leading a team of junior to mid-level professionals. Ensure best in class client service practices are upheld through close coaching and support direct reports in their professional development plans, actively manage team performance and people development. Role model GLG leadership and culture in and outside the team.
- Support new business development and growing GLG client relationships in Hong Kong including new clients as well as senior stakeholders. This relationship development will stem from proactive phone outreach, project execution, post-project client feedback, and occasionally in-person client meetings in partnership with Sales.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals across Greater China, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts GLG Councils through networking and direct outreach.
- Developing and implementing strategy for our efforts in close collaboration with our Leadership team, Sales team, and other GLG stakeholders. Track team performance and create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near- and long-term.
- Programming live in-country meetings or teleconferences on relevant subject matter and news worthy events to our clients in collaboration with Sales.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Up to 6 years of experience, ideally in consulting, financial services, market research, or other professional services or start up environment
- Knowledge about Asian financial markets or industries
- Strong can-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Demonstrated organizational skills - ability to manage multiple internal & client demands and timelines, and ability to coordinate interactions seamlessly
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness and credibility to engage senior professionals
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English
- Near native fluency in Mandarin is essential for this role. An additional Asian language strongly preferred (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa, Vietnamese, Thai) but not required
- Understanding of the business climate. Interest in working across industries subjects ranging
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.