GLG is the world’s leading B2B platform connecting professionals with expertise. We connect thousands of clients to the largest global network of subject-matter experts across every sector. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
GLG is seeking a Client Solutions Manager to join the Greater China Public Equities team based in Hong Kong. The Client Solutions Manager position is a key role within GLG where you will be working with prestigious and sophisticated clients comprising of leading financial institutions, including some of the world’s largest hedge funds, long-only funds, and mutual funds.
The Client Solutions Manager is responsible for coordinating and executing short and mid-term client projects and activities, ensuring the team meets or exceeds its commercial, development, compliance and people targets, supporting sales expanding our presence in the region, and working with the leadership in developing and implementing business performance improvement initiatives.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Independently executing time-sensitive projects for GLG’s clients working within a specialised team – split by either by industry or investment strategy
- Proactively driving and programming virtual and live content events
- Pitch and execute a wide range of GLG products in conjunction with GLG’s Events, Strategic Projects and Survey teams
- Promote custom recruiting working by with internal Council Management teams and personally attracting new Council Members to participate in time-sensitive engagements
- Full responsibility for driving client engagement and ensuring best-in-class client service and experience
- Building strong relationships with investment professionals at leading institutional investors and proactively generate demand for GLG products and services
- Assisting in the development and implementation of account management strategies, in close collaboration with leadership and sales teams
- Working with our Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure retention of existing accounts
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior team members through active performance management
- Towards the end of tenure, managing a team of junior to mid-level professionals to meet commercial and service targets for client accounts
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, or above
- 5+ years of work experience in client-facing, account management or analyst roles in industries including: financial services, equity research, consulting, market research, recruiting, other professional services, or start up environment.
- Strong can-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and interest in public markets
- Passion for problem-solving in a client servicing role
- Successful track record working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written) and ability to proactively engage senior professionals
- Native or Near native fluency in both English and Mandarin is essential for this role.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.