Council Manager, Council Network Development
Council managers are enthusiastic professionals who develop and grow the GLG Councils at a senior level. The role is an exciting position with opportunities to work closely with business and investment leaders that are driving industries throughout the world and develop and manage content on different industries for GLG Clients. The Council manager will work closely with client facing staff on custom client projects and strategic recruiting efforts designed to quickly put GLG Clients in touch with relevant key opinion leaders and senior level industry executives.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build the GLG Councils network:
- Support the GLG Hong Kong Research team with responsibility and ownership of key projects for institutional clients;
- Quickly and efficiently identify and establish consulting relationships with professionals and experts best suited to participate in our highest priority client inquiries through telephone marketing and email;
- Grow the GLG Councils by recruiting key opinion leaders utilizing a strategic/tactical methodology, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade and business associations, referrals and other relationships;
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems;
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations;
- Understand clients’ research workflows and objectives, and thereby support client-facing Research team in growing GLG client relationships by utilization of best practices when dealing with prospective and current industry experts;
- Execute on higher-level premium products including Live Meetings and Custom Research Trips;
- Work on other projects associated with building the GLG Councils.
- Development and management of contentfor GLG engagements, including but not limited to:
- Develop a working knowledge of GLG's core industry coverage to improve project and produce service quality. Develop awareness of broader industry trends/dynamics relevant to expert recruitment and client servicing;
- Researching and proposing themes and topics for content-driven live events;
- Editing and authoring content for client outreach materials;
- Host small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Management and mentorship of the HK Councils team:
- Assume managerial responsibilities for a team of 4 recruitment support specialist and analysts
- Spearhead the development of such individuals to become impact players for the team
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Native Mandarin speaker with fluency in English is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must, Master’s is preferred.
- Four to five years working experience in financial public relations, investor relations or financial journalism.
- Good understanding, awareness and interest in financial markets.
- Experience interacting with senior executives.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English and Chinese required.
- Professional and confident in interpersonal interaction.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Some track record of managerial responsibilities.
- Interest in helping to build a technology-driven business that is looking to help shape the new economy.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors.
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.