Council managers are enthusiastic professionals who develop and grow the GLG Councils at a senior level. The role is an exciting position with opportunities to work closely with business and investment leaders that are driving industries throughout the world and develop and manage content on different industries for GLG Clients. The Council manager will work closely with client facing staff on strategic recruiting efforts and custom client projects designed to quickly put GLG Clients in touch with relevant key opinion leaders and senior level industry executives.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Grow the GLG Councils in Greater China by recruiting key opinion leaders through research, networking, direct outreach and relationship building;
- Innovate and enhance GLG Council recruiting channels;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key thought leaders in GLG’s Greater China Council across various sectors;
- Work closely with GLG Research team to identify business opportunities and strategically align recruiting efforts accordingly, as well as drive content and product opportunities;
- Build a working knowledge and network in one of GLG’s core industries (Technology, Media & Telecom / Energy & Industrials / Consumer Goods & Services / Legal & Regulatory Affairs) and develop awareness of broader industry trends / dynamics relevant to expert recruitment and client servicing;
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and establishing consulting relationships with experts best suited to participate in such inquiries;
- Work on other initiatives associated with building the GLG Councils.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Native Mandarin speaker with fluency in English is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must, Master’s is preferred.
- Three to four years working experience in financial public relations, investor relations, journalism or conference / tradeshow production.
- Good understanding, awareness and interest in financial markets.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English and Chinese required.
- Professional and confident in interpersonal interaction.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious with a passion for learning.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors.
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.