GLG is seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional to join our Hong Kong team as a Strategic HR Business Partner. The Strategic HR Business partner’s primary responsibility is to develop a best-in-class talent strategy along with building robust performance management mechanisms to support the APAC region that is gearing itself up for fast growth. This role will also entail supporting acquisition of new professionals, overseeing a robust onboarding program, employee relations, professional development, performance management, compensation and benefits and building cohesive partnerships with internal clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Enable Step Change in APAC Strategic Human Resource Capabilities
- Elevate APAC Performance Management System to the next level, including evolving daily coaching conversations, institutionalizing feedback mechanism, formal performance reviews, etc.
- Develop APAC talent attrition/replacement model to proactively project hiring needs by type
- Identify and monitor all critical positions; develop APAC talent identification model to enable early discovery and development of future leaders for the critical positions
- Develop tools (e.g., team barometer) to measure motivation/pulse of each team and country on a regular basis for management action
- Work closely with APAC senior management alongside New York Headquarters team to understand evolving talent needs of the organization and thereby steering strategic learning & development
- Develop APAC competency model by key position
- Define coherent structure for corporate titles and compensation by country; rectify legacy APAC compensation structures and titles
- Bring forth best practices of New York Headquarters for APAC implementation
- Provide high level support on APAC’s organization development needs, which includes but not limited to the following
- Ensure top team alignment via health monitoring, as well as assessment of culture and communications effectiveness
- Carry out periodic assessment of u201corganization congruenceu201d via identifying organization stress points, including organization structure, reporting lines, communications framework, incentives alignment, etc.
- Measure effectiveness of communications across key touch points of the wide APAC footprint, including cross team and cross country collaboration
- Leverage existing and new tools to measure staff motivation and develop specific actions
- Ensure continuous provision of best-in-class critical HR services
- Provide a high level of service to employees as it relates to onboarding, professional development, benefits and other employee-related issues
- Conduct annual compensation, performance review, talent review and promotion processes for assigned client groups
- Proactively identify and manage employee relations issues across geography as well as HR issues related to Firm policies
- Proactively identify and manage HR risks, including acquiring and codifying key local labor laws and emerging changes in these laws
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7+ years of strategic HR and/or people management experience with strong business acumen;
- Experience in change management environments;
- Highly strategic, with a track record of demonstrated impact to a company’s HR practices;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with senior management as well as frontline employees;
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities;
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and prioritize multiple work streams without sacrificing quality;
- Results oriented, with a sense of urgency and a focus on service delivery and willingness to be hands-on;
- Mandarin language skills a major plus but not essential
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.