Gerson Lehrman Group is the leading global independent firm that provides primary research to investment managers in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Our offices are in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Washington, DC, Austin, London, Zurich, Paris, Dubai, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Delhi, Mumbai, Singapore, Sao Paolo, Sydney, and Tokyo.
Our primary research services allow investment management firms to accurately analyze products, assets, markets and industries. We enable this kind of analysis with the knowledge and insight of the GLG Councils, our proprietary global network of over 600,000 professionals and thought leaders in multiple industries.
Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is seeking a Hong Kong-based Senior Account Manager to oversee the development and growth of new HK clients (focusing on the public and private equity spaces), and to develop and maintain effective existing relationships. The professional will have direct responsibility for GLG’s focus on HK client relationships, including developing deeper relationships with existing clients, understanding opportunities to increase Research product coverage at existing clients, developing organized marketing activities and hosting GLG exclusive Events in HK, and growing GLG’s client base.
GLG Senior Account Manager in our client-facing offices are responsible for:
- Growing GLG existing client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily lead investment professionals across Asia. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, and telephone interactions. Vice President, Sales develop deep relationships with key contact points at client firms, and identify suitable opportunities for cross-selling, upgrades and other revenue opportunities.
- Strategizing, identifying and bringing on new clients in HK. Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including sales and costs - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Hosting frequently held GLG events in HK. Hosting small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Developing organized marketing activities. Plan and hold client optimizations, formal meetings and socials with clients and prospects.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with Business Development colleagues and sector-specialized Research Managers to deepen existing client relationships and identify new opportunities.
- Enhancing the GLG brand in HK and Greater China. Developing relationships across the financial industry in HK, and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in HK and Greater China.
Favored applicants will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- 8 - 10 years’ experience in Sales, finance, accounting or professional services and/or technical industries
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills, with clear focus on Sales and business profit
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
- Experience interacting with senior executives
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.