GLG is looking for an energetic and dynamic professional for a Marketing and Communications role in its Hong Kong office.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong writing and editing skills who can help drive our brand and business forward in Greater China, and across the APAC region.
The role, reporting to GLG’s Head of Public Affairs in New York, as well as the APAC Head of Events & Marketing in Hong Kong, requires an individual who can work independently and collaboratively to drive awareness and recognition of the brand, both internally and externally. Potential candidates should have a background in corporate media relations, marketing, corporate philanthropy, or related fields.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with a great team from our office in Hong Kong and to help drive the growth of an exciting and emerging brand.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Help develop, manage, and implement strategic communication and media relations initiatives and programs for Greater China (HK & China)
- Support Greater China business growth and brand positioning in China through general industry marketing, brand promotion, and thought leadership development
- Work with media and senior GLG executives, acting as public liaison for GLG’s management team in Hong Kong and other key executives in the APAC region
- Create and implement marketing and social media initiatives in partnership with APAC-based marketing professionals and GLG’s global Marketing team to strengthen our brand positioning in HK & China
- Integrate GLG’s mission, vision, strategy, and values into internal and external communication strategy that promotes the company’s strategic business objectives, brand, and culture
- With the support of marketing associate to manage GLG’s outreach programs in Greater China, including website, newsletters, sponsorships / partnerships, collateral development, and promotional campaigns
- Townhalls & management visits: with the support of marketing associate to facilitate senior executive visits and media interviews
- Support other marketing efforts in Greater China and other APAC region
- Proactively identify opportunities to showcase GLG as a great place to work
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Simplified Chinese and English essential
- Ideally, a minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in marketing and communications, or similar enterprise which would suggest the ability to carry out the above responsibilities
- Strong China media relations and understanding of China specific (digital, social) media marketing channels
- Experience implementing strategic internal and external communication programs is preferred
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.