*We will begin to conduct interviews for this position in January 2018*
GLG’s Research Intern role is an exciting opportunity for university students looking to pursue a career in research, consulting, or the financial services sector. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm. You will support the GLG Hong Kong Research team on projects by conducting industry research, reaching out to thought leaders and key executives across various industry verticals, and working closely with client facing staff to identify how to best fulfil clients’ needs. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of strategic initiatives aimed to streamline business processes.
- Support the GLG Hong Kong Research team with efficiency, responsibility and ownership of key projects for institutional clients
- Conduct industry research and reach out to professionals and experts best suited to participate in each project through telephone, emails and other channels
- Grow the GLG Councils by recruiting key opinion leaders utilizing a strategic/tactical methodology, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade and business associations, referrals and other relationships
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations
- Understand clients’ research workflows and objectives, and thereby support client-facing Research team in growing GLG client relationships by utilization of best practices when dealing with prospective and current industry experts
- Work with Research team in identifying the most suitable experts for each project, through thorough examination of experts’ knowledge and eligibility
- Develop a working knowledge of GLG's core industry coverage and compliance framework to improve project and service quality. Develop awareness of broader industry trends/dynamics relevant to expert recruitment and client servicing
- Taking charge of key initiatives to build out business capabilities
- Other research tasks based on team requirements
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent communication skills in English and native fluency in Mandarin
- Current third-year or fourth-year student at a top-tier university, preferably pursuing a degree in Finance, Business or Economics
- Resourceful, driven individual with a passion for finance and professional services industry
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in relevant research industry, marketing research, recruiting or consulting will be a plus
- Interest in helping to build a technology-driven business that is looking to help shape the new economy
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond quickly and effectively to management direction, clients’ requests and other team members’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.