GLG is seeking a Client Solutions Associate in Tokyo to support clients in the U.S.
Our Client Solutions Associates are part of our front-line client service organization and the engine of GLG. They work closely with senior members of our Client Solutions organization to support our clients -- professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consulting firms, and non-profits -- on the critical decisions they make every day. These custom learning solutions include phone consultations and one-on-one meetings, as well as surveys, reports, and site tours with leading experts and C-suite executives.
A Client Solutions Associate will support the GLG Americas Client Solutions team on client requests focused on the Japanese market. You will support the GLG Americas Client Solutions team in project execution, through translating projects as well as interfacing with industry leaders across a broad variety of industries and identifying and qualifying these candidates for our clients’ research needs.
Client Solutions Associates help to drive GLG’s business model and develop GLG’s client base through close coordination with senior team members and assisting these individuals with high-level product execution and facilitating interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support the GLG Americas Client Solutions team with efficiency, responsibility and ownership of key tasks supporting projects for institutional clients
- Translate project scopes and Council Member responses (Japanese/English) across a wide variety of industries to support the team’s ability to fulfil clients’ needs in a fast-paced environment
- Expand GLG Councils and learn to effectively and clearly explain GLG’s value proposition and business model to leading industry thought leaders
- Learn to leverage GLG’s platform and network to match thought leaders with clients, based upon the client’s project objectives
- Engage Council Members on a daily basis to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests
- Consult with client-facing Client Solutions Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfil time-sensitive project requests for GLG clients based in the U.S. by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations
- Understand clients’ research workflows and objectives, and thereby support client-facing Client Solutions team, as needed, in growing GLG client relationships by utilization of best practices when dealing with prospective and current industry experts
- Exhibit strong business communication and client service skills
- Learn our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements
- Other research tasks based on team requirements
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top tier university
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Japanese
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and insatiable desire to learn about new topics
- Passion for client service and building relationships across the full professional spectrum
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
- 0 to 2 years of relevant industry experience in recruitment, internet/market research, outreach, partnership, business development
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Successful track record managing multiple, simultaneous complex tasks and working in team environments
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond quickly and effectively to management direction, clients’ requests and other team members’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group –
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.