We are seeking recent graduates to join GLG as Associate on healthcare-focused teams who have a strong interest in excelling at best-in-class client service in a performance-driven, merit-based, and team-oriented environment.
Associates know how to make the right connections with the right people in a short time frame. In this sales-like role, you will be responsible for recruiting new executives and industry professionals for time-sensitive consulting engagements into our database of subject matter experts and you will partner closely with our Client Solutions teams to ensure we delight our clients. You will have ongoing trainings and mentorship that will set you up for success to exceed weekly and monthly performance targets. Successful Associates master professional and transferable skills such as sourcing, funnel management, professional communication, phone presence, workload balancing, and time management.
After certain performance and tenure requirements are met, this role offers Associates an opportunity to advance and hone their client service skills within the company. Typical opportunities include promotion and additional responsibilities within the current role or moving into a role that works directly with our healthcare clients – professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consultancies, and non-profits – to help them learn and make better decisions every day.
Key Associate responsibilities include:
- Full-cycle recruiting – including but not limited to sourcing leads, performing various types of outreach, pitching GLG’s business model, and working with internal stakeholders to delight clients
- Aligning with Client Solutions team on urgent client requests, deadlines, and goals in tight timeframes and short project lifecycles
- Adhering to and upholding GLG’s compliance standards and company values to protect the integrity of client engagements
- Meeting and exceeding goals across multiple recruiting projects at any given time
- Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG’s business model, policies, compliance, and terms & conditions
As an Associate, you will learn to:
- Excel in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, entrepreneurial, and challenging environment
- Develop strong, transferable business skills – including client service excellence, written and oral communication, client and account management, time management, negotiating, problem solving, project management, and the ability to achieve commercial targets
- Collaborate with colleagues on and across teams to build and shape a business
Ideal candidates also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Healthcare Public Policy, Biomedical Engineering, etc)
- Strong interest in developing the skills to excel at client service in a high-volume environment
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work responsibly, both independently and collaboratively as needs warrant, in an ever-changing, and fast-paced environment
- High motivation to exceed personal weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial metrics
- Confidence in making outbound cold calls
- Strong problem-solving skills and hustle attitude
- Receptive to close coaching and feedback
- Insatiable desire to learn about healthcare topics
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours (including evenings) outside of the traditional workday, as needed based on client needs
Proficiency in any of the following languages a plus: Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Mandarin
What we offer:
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible PTO policy.
- Mobility: When certain performance and tenure requirements are met, employees can explore mobility opportunities in different roles, offices, and/or regions.
- Work Environment: Although we are currently working from home due to the global pandemic, the Austin office offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based workspace, an in-office barista bar, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.