GLG is seeking a Research Associate to support corporate clients in Shanghai. A Research Associate will be responsible for managing and executing primary deliverables to add value to GLG clients based in Shanghai.
Research Associates help to drive GLG’s business model and develop their segments client base through close coordination with senior members of the team and working with clients to fulfill their primary project needs including client requests, assisting senior team members with high-level product execution, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Fulfill both time-sensitive and long-term in-depth project requests for GLG clients
- Exhibit strong business communication and client service skills
- Learn to leverage GLG’s platform and network to match thought leaders with clients, based upon the client’s project objectives
- Coordinate with cross-functional and international colleagues to develop product strategies and provide best-in-class service
- Work closely with Business Development colleagues to demonstrate capability for prospects and sector-specialized Managers to deepen existing client relationships
- Effectively interact with diverse corporate clients across the region and manage client relationships together with senior leaders.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top tier university
- 1 to 3 years of relevant industry experience, such as account management, recruitment, internet/market research, outreach, partnership, business development, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Successful track record managing multiple, simultaneous complex tasks and working in team environments
- Attention to detail
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.