Business Intelligence Product Manager
Experience Level: MidApply Now
The Enterprise Reporting and Business Intelligence team bridges the gap between data engineering and business end-users by creating actionable reports and dashboards that consolidate and analyze large sets of data into visualizations that communicate a clear persuasive story.
As the Business Intelligence Product Manager, you will be the essential interface between the Business Intelligence team and the business. As such, you’ll have a leading role in defining how GLG’s senior leadership team, General Managers, and other executives tap into its formidable BI capabilities to make better informed, data-driven decisions.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with senior leaders across all of GLG’s Business Units and Functions to understand their most pressing business questions and data needs and then design analyses, dashboards, and reports to answer those questions
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Business Intelligence team and the rest of the company, translating the business needs into actionable requirements that the BI team can execute
- Track and share the business impact influenced by the Business Intelligence products, in order to a) ensure that the business is getting the maximum value from GLG’s BI capabilities, and b) promote increasing collaboration between the business and BI
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 10+ years of professional experience using data analysis and visualization to influence executive-level decision making
- Consulting or similar background (analytical, problem-solving, conceptual, client-facing, collaborative) strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA strongly preferred
- Fluency in translating business questions into actionable requirements, analyses, and visualizations
- Track record of being a trusted partner to business leaders, able to quickly isolate and prioritize the main issues and supporting drivers of those issues
- Comfort in embodying “soft authority” – able to lead consensus and drive action without direct reporting responsibility
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the leading Enterprise Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, QlikView, Power BI)
- Must possess strong training, presentation, and documentation skills
- Experience in business process analysis and data architecture/modeling skills
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.