The Client Solutions Manager is tasked with scoping, facilitating, managing and executing primary research projects for a range of client users. Client Solutions Managers design and facilitate customized research products, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Taking accountability and responsibility for a full book of Merger Arbitrage clients by serving as a thought partner to scope, design, and deliver a range of bespoke projects. Most projects are based on short turn-around phone consultations, but the role also involves scoping out and pitching beyond-the-call engagements, including surveys, strategic projects, events and other in-depth engagements.
- Participating in thoughtful background research on your clients’ product portfolios to support thought partnership initiatives and proactive outreach planning.
- Active tracking of the EMEA merger-arbitrage deal space
- Driving best-in-class client engagement and experience in a defined portfolio of merger arbitrage accounts. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution and telephone interactions.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members (experts) and our clients. This involves fulfilling time-sensitive requests through building and qualifying primary populations of relevant experts.
- Developing and executing a pipeline of content related to ongoing/upcoming deals across various formats including hosting roundtable events and teleconferences with senior executives and former government figures
- Demonstrating excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and account/client ownership skills.
- Delivering world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, enthusiasm, and serving as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG.
- Developing and implementing account management strategies, in close collaboration with leadership and sales teams to grow revenue and ensure retention of existing accounts
- Exercising flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of our client engagements.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior team members through active performance management.
- Towards the end of tenure, opportunity to manage a team of junior to mid-level professionals to meet commercial and service targets for client accounts and/or take on greater responsibility for client service at large revenue accounts.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive academic and professional backgrounds. We are looking for smart, curious individuals that have a passion for learning and want to join a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- Bachelors or higher degree from a top-tier university, with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record in people management, talent development, training, phone-based outreach, sales, or recruitment.
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment.
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills in EMEA region.
- 2-4 years’ experience in client facing role, ideally with exposure to a hedge fund/asset management client base.
- Exposure to merger arbitrage clients and strategies would be ideal (but not required).
- Ability to take on and manage a large book of existing hedge fund clients with responsibilities including day to day management and creating and hosting content (roundtables, teleconferences) around live deals
- Proven record of being able to manage and grow a large commercial book of financial-services clients
- A personal interest in financial markets and the hedge fund/asset management space
- Ability to partner and work closely with the sales team, and assist with prospecting and onboarding of new clients
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and over 2000 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgement, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.