GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. We connect decision makers who want the advantage of powerful insight to people with first-hand experience, so they can act with the confidence that comes from true clarity. Our network of 700,000+ Council Members is the largest in the world, and we recruit hundreds of new experts every day. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
GLG is seeking a Client Solutions Manager to join our Technology Media Telecoms (TMT) team, which is part of the EMEA Financial Services team, based in London. We have a prestigious and sophisticated client base at leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Private Equity funds, Hedge funds and Mutual and Sovereign funds
The Client Solutions Manager is tasked with scoping, facilitating, managing and executing primary research projects for a range of client users. Client Solutions Managers design and facilitate customized research products, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Taking accountability and responsibility for a full book of complex clients by serving as a thought partner to scope, design, and deliver a range of bespoke projects. Most projects are based on short turn-around phone consultations, but the role also involves scoping out and pitching beyond-the-call engagements, including surveys, strategic projects, events and other in-depth engagements.
- Participating in thoughtful background research on your clients’ product portfolios to support thought partnership initiatives and proactive outreach planning.
- Driving best-in-class client engagement and experience in a defined portfolio of accounts. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution and telephone interactions.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members (experts) and our clients. This involves fulfilling time-sensitive requests through building and qualifying primary populations of relevant experts.
- Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected senior executives, as well as recruiting new experts into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Demonstrating excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and account/client ownership skills.
- Delivering world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, enthusiasm, and serving as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG.
- Developing and implementing account management strategies, in close collaboration with leadership and sales teams to grow revenue and ensure retention of existing accounts.
- Exercising flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of our client engagements.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior team members through active performance management.
- Towards the end of tenure, opportunity to manage a team of junior to mid-level professionals to meet commercial and service targets for client accounts and/or take on greater responsibility for client service at large revenue accounts.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive academic and professional backgrounds. We are looking for smart, curious individuals that have a passion for learning and want to join a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- Interest or understanding about Technology Media Telecoms (TMT) and the financial services sector (either from educational background or work experience).
- Bachelors or higher degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of work experiences in a client-facing role or commensurate experience in consulting, executive recruiting, or relevant industry.
- Full professional fluency in English; additional European languages are desirable but not essential for this role
- Proven record of being able to manage and grow a large commercial book of financial-services clients
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment.
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills in EMEA region.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.