GLG is seeking a Client Solutions Manager to join our growing Consumer Goods and Services (CGS) team within Public Equity Client Solutions in London. The Manager position is a key role within GLG where you will be responsible for a defined portfolio of sophisticated financial services clients that analyze and invest in Consumer stocks, comprising many of the world’s largest hedge funds, long only and mutual fund, as well as investment banks.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Taking accountability and responsibility for a full book of complex clients by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on their projects
- Driving best-in-class client engagement and experience in a defined portfolio of users that invest in publicly listed Consumer and Automotive companies
- Building strong relationships with clients in person, on the phone and through delivering on their projects consistently
- Facilitating interactions between GLG experts (we call them Council Members) and clients. These requests are often time-sensitive and involve scoping the right population, building the pipeline of potential experts and screening them effectively for suitability, both for knowledge and potential conflicts. Most of our client/expert interactions happen on the phone, but the role also largely involves scoping out and pitching some of our key products, all involving experts. That includes quantitative products (surveys, market research), group events (roundtable, seminars, webcasts), one to one meetings (at the client office, at conferences, while travelling) and in-depth tailored expert engagements (consulting works, written reports).
- Supporting the development of content (primarily virtual and in-person group events) with leading experts, which should be relevant to your portfolio and the wider Public Equity client base
- Creating relationships with some of the Consumer industry’s most respected senior executives, as well as recruiting new key experts into the GLG Councils through monitoring leadership changes, networking, direct outreach and referrals
- Demonstrating excellent communication, judgment collaboration, and account/client ownership skills
- Delivering world-class client service marked by high levels of proactivity, responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, enthusiasm, and serving as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG
- Developing and implementing account management strategies and planning, in close collaboration with the leadership and business development teams to grow revenue and ensure retention of existing accounts
- Exercising flawless judgment around GLG’s approach to compliance, policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of our client engagements
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior team members with potentially direct performance management at a later stage
- Towards the end of tenure, opportunity to lead a team of junior to mid-level professionals to meet commercial and service targets for client accounts and/or take on greater responsibility for client service at large revenue accounts
An ideal candidate will have the following:
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive academic and professional backgrounds. We are looking for smart, curious individuals that have a passion for learning and want to join a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- 3-5 years of work experiences in a client-facing role in relevant industries such as consulting, equity research, market research, financial services, account management with specialisation in Consumer industries
- Interest in the Consumer sector as well as financial markets, with a focus on Public Equity (funds that invest in listed stocks)
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some or all of the following areas: negotiation, research, networking with senior professionals, business development, account management, corporate development, product development and/or product management
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritising activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills
- Outstanding communication skills, oral, written and presentation abilities, and willingness to conduct telephone outreach to and screening of senior experts
- Ability to program and host in-person and virtual events on industry themes and individual company names within the Consumer sector, with a focus on content relevant to financial services clients that invest in publicly traded companies (Public Equity)
- Successful candidate will be confident, persuasive, and able to communicate comfortably with unfamiliar topics and challenging client situations.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading B2B platform connecting professionals with expertise. We connect thousands of clients to the largest global network of subject-matter experts across every sector. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.