Job Description & Requirements
GLG Solutions business is seeking a Director, Surveys to enhance and extend GLG’s Surveys brand and reputation within our client base as one of the primary points of contact for the team. This person will be leading and driving success for its Surveys product in the APAC region. The team leverages its Survey and Projects capabilities along with the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise to deliver quantitative and qualitative insights to inform their decisions in a timely and thorough manner.
Director, Surveys will be reporting to Head of South APAC at GLG and will be a key member of the rapidly growing global Surveys business unit. This person will have strategic and operational responsibility for enhancing and extending GLG’s brand, reputation, and recognition among target market segments for the Surveys product. Additionally, this person will lead a team that helps clients qualify and quantify industry/market trends through pipeline analyses, commercial assessments, product forecasting, and general marketplace analysis.
The ideal candidate should be energized by working within a high-energy, start-up environment. A successful candidate will be passionate about research design, able to bring and teach a wide variety of market research methodologies. They will be extremely commercially motivated, with a passion for growing a team and driving business.
- Lead a team that owns the pitching, execution, and delivery of customized survey products to GLG’s clients
- Own the commercial success through marketing, client interaction, and relentlessly excellent project delivery
- Support innovation around research, survey and polling design, and expand the scope of the team’s delivery capabilities to a wide variety quantitative research products
- Deploy and teach a wide variety of market research methodologies to meet the client’s needs.Innovate around survey design, introduce advanced modeling to clients, and ensure deliverables meet the high standard of GLG
- Elevate GLG's survey offering by acting as a resource and mentor to GLG survey professionals, especially around market research methodologies
- Meet directly with clients and internal partners to increase awareness of and confidence in GLG survey's capabilities (this may involve up to 10% travel)
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices for project execution to deliver high-quality research and deliverables to GLG's senior clientele
- Masters or higher degree in market research or business from a top-tier university is preferred
- 8-13+ years of market research or management consulting experience
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating quantitative research results to stakeholders
- Experience with statistical techniques
- Experience with marketing and sales of research products
- Experience leading teams and developing junior members
- Experience of fully owning P&L responsibilities, and driving growth
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- Superior writing, logic and interaction skills; including oral and organizational skills
- A demonstrated strong understanding of financial markets a plus
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices for project execution while developing a team of project leads and associates
- Work closely with the Head of Southeast Asia to develop and execute strategies for growth
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.