Enterprise Reporting & Intelligence Sr. Analyst
The Enterprise Reporting & Intelligence team bridges the gap between data engineering and business end-users by creating actionable reports and dashboards that consolidate and analyze large sets of data. In this position, you will proficiently guide the application of experimental design, research, statistics, dashboards, and storytelling presentations that support GLG’s global lines of business. You will drive raw data into meaningful insights, introduce novel visualization techniques, and closely collaborate with business units to communicate discoveries and implement decision-making.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
- Partner with business units to identify and understand pain points, business needs, and process gaps, and in turn partner with Data Engineering to translate business needs into actionable requirements
- Approve analytic validation and application of data transformations to accurately promote recommendations into business processes
- Drive Looker adoption across global lines of business
- Establish brand and team as subject matter experts in data visualization across departments
- Train end-users on Looker and how to translate raw data into actionable reports
- Investigate and evaluate manual reports. Automate these reports into self-refreshing Looker dashboards
- 5+ years of professional experience using data analysis and visualization to influence executive-level decision making
- Consulting or similar background (analytical, problem-solving, conceptual, client-facing, collaborative) strongly preferred
- Fluency in translating business questions into actionable requirements, analyses, and visualizations
- Track record of being a trusted partner to business leaders, able to quickly isolate and prioritize the main issues and supporting drivers of those issues
- Comfort in embodying “soft authority” – able to lead consensus and drive action without direct reporting responsibility
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the leading Enterprise Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, QlikView, Power BI)
- Proficiency in SQL required. Experience in Python or R strongly preferred
- Must possess strong training, presentation, and documentation skills
- Experience in business process analysis and data architecture/modeling skills
- Knowledge of Git highly preferred
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.