The Immigration Associate is a role on the Global Mobility team designed to cater and assist with the human resources aspects of international mobility. Immigration Associate will report to Head of Talent Mobility and will be responsible for supporting GLG’s immigration programs by working closely with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, employees and external immigration counsel. In this role you will be the subject matter expert and point of contact with questions and case filings for EMEA Region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish and monitor appropriate visa management control points to ensure necessary compliance which includes tracking of visa and work permit validity, renewal & cancellation in timely manner;
- Liaise with immigration counsel to support immigration and ensure full compliance with immigration laws for local new hires and international transferees;
- Respond to all immigration questions, review issues and employee concerns and provide counsel and education with regards to immigration guidelines, legal requirements and procedures;
- Create or revise corporate immigration policies. Identify ways to streamline and standardize immigration processes;
- Provides updates to HR Business Partners, Recruiting and employees about visa processes;
- Maintain knowledge of changes in immigration policies/regulations and communicate to stakeholders timely;
- Assist People team on other projects as needed;
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 2 to 5 years of global mobility/immigration/ HR shared service experience
- Understanding of country specific immigration rules and visa processes for EMEA regions is a strong preference
- Excellent systems skills including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Data management skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail; research and fact checking abilities; strong drive for results
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks and concurrent projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential employee information appropriately.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Must have strong and effective written and spoken communication skills
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.