We are looking for motivated independent consultants with strategy consulting or industry research experience in the IaaS, PaaS, and enterprise SaaS space. As an independent consultant, you will work on industry and market assessment, product launch, customer journey mapping, and go-to-market strategy development for Fortune 100 clients in the technology sector.
Typical client engagements are 2-12 weeks (part-time or full-time). This role is a fit for talented consultants who seek a flexible lifestyle. You will have full discretion to accept and decline projects based on availability and interest.
Learn more about us here.
- A minimum of 3+ years with a top tier management consulting firm within the last ten years (e.g., last date of employment should be no earlier than 2009), preferably at the Associate Partner or Principal level at some point during the tenure
- Must have experience with conducting B2B primary market research including in-depth interviews, and surveys
- Ability to perform rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Functional experience in: strategy, market assessments or competitive landscaping, go to market strategy, brand health analysis, voice of customer, concept/message testing
- Informed about industry trends and challenges of digital transformation and cloud technology adaption, particularly from infrastructure/service provider perspective(s)
- Keen creative, interpersonal, and analytical senses to get to the root of client questions
- Must have executive level presence and be skilled in story-telling and PowerPoint presentation development
Responsibilities include the following
- Ability to collaboratively articulate key hypotheses and effectively manage project scope and client expectations throughout the project.
- Quickly understand a technology client’s research question and appropriately guide and inform the scope of work
- Develop an expert interview guide, field interviews, consolidate insights
- Develop survey questionnaire, field, collect, and review data
- Analyze raw data and develop insights
- Synthesize key findings into a PPT deliverable
- Adhere to project deadlines
More about GLG Strategic Projects:
- Maintain your flexibility by working with us on mostly remote projects when you choose to
- We evaluate client opportunities, so you don’t have to
- We help you manage the scope, execution, and client touch-points on each project
- We provide access to GLG company resources: 800,000+ subject matter experts, best-in-class survey capabilities, data and analytics vendors, research reports, and project execution tools
- Our staffing model provides the optimal level of responsibilities on a project
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.