GLG Research Interns will spend the majority of their time building and managing the GLG Councils—networks of thousands of world-renowned experts in their professional fields and industries in Japanese and in English. GLG Research Interns will also work on customized projects and requests from their assigned Research team, which may include conducting web-based research on important news stories for a practice area, compiling statistical data on network composition and recruiting efforts, identifying executives in transition, assisting with data management efforts, responding to expert inquiries, and reviving relationships with experts whose activity with GLG has lapsed. Also, each intern will be responsible for conducting an independent research study in their assigned field or tangential field of interest, which will ultimately be presented to GLG upper management.
We offer flexible hours and we will also consider full-time conversion upon graduation for the right individuals.
- Support research team to increase participation rates in research projects including consultative opportunities and surveys
- Build specific industry networks through the identification of critical experts
- Maintain the integrity of expert information with cross references and phone outreach
- Conduct an independent research study in their assigned field/tangential field of interest. Examples include conducting quantitative analysis on industry networks to inform strategic decision making or an overview of a rapidly growing industry, i.e. The Internet of Things
GLG Research Interns are expected to pursue and handle increasing responsibility. They should be able to demonstrate a history of extracurricular or academic interests that will help GLG identify all of the qualities listed below:
- Previous work experience is not necessary but business level Japanese& English language skills is required (both written and spoken)
- Demonstrated leadership or teamwork experience (through academic, employment, or extracurricular activities)
- Strong analytical and multitasking skills
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Highly professional written and verbal communication skills; ability to quickly and effectively communicate a range of simple and complex material
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.