Overview of the role:
GLG’s Research Internship Role is an exciting opportunity for university students looking to pursue a career in research, consulting, or the financial services sector. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm. You will support the GLG Shanghai Research team on projects by conducting industry research, reaching out to thought leaders and key executives across various industry verticals, and working closely with client facing staff to identify how to best fulfill clients’ needs. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of strategic initiatives aimed to streamline business processes.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Assist Team Leader of the Council Development Department to track and manage daily projects and work processes, organize team KPI data, produce monthly performance reports, and write English report emails;
- Conduct Industry Mapping through desk research, sort out the upstream and downstream of the industry chain/leading companies/hot trends, covering technology/Internet/consumer products/finance and other fields;
- Assist the expert recruitment team, effectively communicate with industry experts about the background, business and consulting topics of the GLG Group, assist industry experts in completing the relevant procedures for joining the GLG expert group, check and improve the Chinese and English information of the expert materials.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate/postgraduate students are guaranteed to attend 3 days or more a day, and the internship is at least 4 months. A long-term internship is preferred;
- Familiar with excel (formula/pivot table, etc.), good at data statistics/chart and PPT production;
- Excellent English writing ability, internship experience in foreign companies is preferred;
- Proactive, good at multi-task project management, able to learn quickly, respond quickly, and pay attention to details.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.