Overview of the role:
GLG’s Healthcare Research Internship Role is an exciting opportunity for university students looking to pursue a career in research, consulting, or the financial services sector and to build up their knowledge in healthcare industry. The internship is structured to develop your communication and teamwork skills, and broaden your industry knowledge while working in a fast-growing global firm. You will support the GLG Greater China healthcare team on projects by conducting industry research, reaching out to opinion leaders and key executives across all healthcare verticals, and take a significant part in providing best solutions to enhance client’s professional decision making. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of strategic initiatives aiming to streamline business processes.
- Support the GLG healthcare team with efficiency, responsibility and ownership of key projects for institutional clients.
- Conduct industry research, build up healthcare knowledge base, and provide professional solutions to clients in a timely manner, deliverable include council member based phone consultation, written report, survey, event and beyond.
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems;
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations;
- Understand clients’ research workflows and objectives, and thereby support client-facing Research team in growing GLG client relationships by utilization of best practices when dealing with prospective and current industry experts;
- Work with Research team in identifying the most suitable experts for each project, through thorough examination of experts’ knowledge and eligibility;
- Develop a working knowledge of how professional decisions are made based on GLG’s solutions under industry-standard compliance framework. Develop awareness of broader healthcare industry trends/dynamics;
- Taking charge of key initiatives to build out business capabilities.
- Other research tasks based on team requirements.
- Native Mandarin or Fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills required.
- Current Senior (fourth year) student at a top-tier university, preferably pursuing a degree in biology, chemistry, medical, pharmacology, finance, business, or economics.
- Resourceful, driven individual with a passion for finance and professional services industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in relevant research industry, marketing research, or consulting will be a plus.
- Interest in helping to build a technology-driven business that is looking to shape the new economy.
- Passion for healthcare industry, willingness to build up your broad knowledge base and deep analytical methodology within the healthcare sector.
- Fast learner, you will be working closely with top tier private equity firms /MNCs, worldwide and domestically, who are leading the trend of the whole healthcare industry. Sometimes you have to pick up knowledge for a very cutting edge vertical in a timely manner.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors.
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
- Respond quickly and effectively to management direction, clients’ requests and other team members’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.