GLG is the world’s leading B2B platform connecting professionals with expertise. We connect thousands of clients to the largest global network of subject-matter experts across every sector. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
GLG is seeking a Client Solutions Manager to drive the growth of our Corporate Markets segment in South China. Our South China Corporate book is a dynamic portfolio of leading Chinese or regional companies mainly in the technology space. The Client Solutions Manager position is a key role within GLG where you will work with business leaders from these companies, helping them solve complex business challenges and make smarter business decisions through leveraging the GLG platform.
Your work will be incredibly impactful and offers broad exposure to engaging with senior business leaders to deliver on bespoke projects and drive account management strategies in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Taking accountability and responsibility for a full book of corporate clients by serving as a thought partner to scope and execute on a range of bespoke projects ranging from phone consultations to more complex in-depth engagements. The role also requires the ability to scope, pitch and sell such beyond-the-call products including custom reports, strategic projects, speaking engagements in collaboration with product teams.
• Full responsibility for driving client engagement and managing client relationships, ensuring best-in-class client service and experience.
• Participating in thoughtful background research on your clients’ product and strategy portfolios to support thought partnership initiatives and proactive outreach planning.
• Developing and implementing account management strategies to grow revenue through expanding the penetration of existing clients, ensuring retention and growth of existing accounts.
• Engaging in and negotiating account renewals with existing accounts
• Partnering with sales colleagues to bring in new logos to grow the Corporate Markets segment.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing more junior colleagues
An ideal candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree, or above
• 4+ years of related work experience in strategy/management consulting, corporate strategy, account management or market research or business services dealing with multiple industries. Experience in the TMT sector is a plus.
• Demonstrated strong business acumen and passion for problem-solving in a client servicing role
• Demonstrated excellent account/client ownership skills.
• Outstanding communication skills (oral and written) and ability to proactively engage senior professionals
• Strong interest in leading commercial negotiations and driving financial performance
• Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong team player and collaborator in a multi-stakeholder environment
• Native or Near native fluency in Mandarin and full professional fluency in English is essential for this role.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.