Gerson Lehrman Group is seeking a Manager to support the GLG Private Equities Client Solutions team in Singapore. The Manager will help to drive GLG’s business model and develop the Private Equities client base through close coordination with senior members of the research team and working with clients to fulfil their primary research needs.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Support the client facing team. The Manager will provide project support to the client facing team who manage multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Executing time-sensitive projects for GLG’s clients to enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Manager is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analysing client requests and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts.
- Assist in the programming of live/virtual meetings. The Manager is responsible for supporting the client facing team organise and host small group conversations between GLG Council Members and GLG clients and programme private meetings for GLG Council Members at client offices.
- Enhancing the GLG Council Membership Network Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Working towards growing GLG client relationships. The Manager will be working towards gaining responsibility of developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily leading investment professionals across APAC. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Team-wide collaboration. The Manager is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure the retention of existing accounts as well as collaborating with other GLG professionals to develop and execute a wide range of products for GLG clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree, or above
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English. Fluency (written and oral) in Business Mandarin
- Curiosity about the financial markets, including trends and white spaces
- Passion for problem – solving in a client service role
- Able to write, speak and present succinctly to deliver investment theses/ideas
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and interest in some or all of the following areas:
- Sales, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or
- Business development, corporate development, product development,
- Product and project management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in client-facing, account management or analyst roles in relevant industries such as banking, business services, market research, consultancies, financial services or start up environment
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.