Manager, Strategic Projects - Corporate Clients EMEA
Experience Level: MidApply Now
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. We connect decision makers who want the advantage of powerful insight to people with first-hand experience, so they can act with the confidence that comes from true clarity. Our network of 700,000+ Council Members is the largest in the world, and we recruit hundreds of new experts every day. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
GLG Strategic Projects leverages the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise to deliver comprehensive answers for complex business challenges. We combine the execution rigor and problem-solving of experienced management consultants with deep insights of leading industry professionals to staff bespoke client engagement teams. These engagement teams leverage GLG capabilities and are supported by an internal GLG team for thought-partnership, quality oversight and scope management. Our unique approach provides streamlined, but customisable project support to deliver in-depth actionable insights to client questions.
The EMEA Corporate Markets team is seeking a Manager to play a key part in driving the business’s continued growth. You will be supporting clients across voice-of-customer, market assessment, commercial due diligence, and growth strategy engagements. We are looking for candidates with a strong fundamental consulting toolkit with an appetite to accelerate their development in business development and product management
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role:
- Support all aspects of client project scoping, development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Contributes to product strategy and innovation, including cooperation with cross-functional teams within GLG (e.g. Sales, Client Solutions, Surveys)
- The Manager role offers exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development, sales, marketing, and operations
- The Manager will be responsible for managing, coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
- The role provides regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization, and opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients
The role offers broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Support all aspects of project development and closing
- Manage and oversee all aspects of project success
- Work closely with top-tier independent experts to meet client needs
- Work with GLG Business Development and Client Solutions teams to ensure full internal collaboration on projects
- Work with legal team on contracting agreements
- Build lasting relationships with our clients and experts
- Mentor junior colleagues
- Contribute to internal and external business development initiatives
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-5+ years at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Strong project management skills
- Experience serving clients or working within the Industrials Sector is highly beneficial
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office, Excel
- Demonstrated success in pitching projects and winning new business
- Natural curiosity, a can-do attitude and comfort with a matrixed organization and ambiguity
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.