GLG is seeking driven candidates for our Membership Recruiter position to join our fastest-growing team in Austin, TX!
Membership Recruiters know how to make the right connections with the right people in a short time frame. They explain to industry professionals what it means to work with GLG and recruit them into GLG’s professional membership network, the GLG Councils – a base of 700,000 experts (Council Members). Our Council Members include business leaders, academics, and foremost subject matter specialists that share their insight to help our clients make better business decisions.
Recruiters will own the process of sourcing, connecting with, pitching to, and closing on new Council Members in this sales-like recruiting role. This can range from recruiting a needle-in-the-haystack expert in a few hours to recruiting a large number of professionals with a similar background over a few days.
You will learn to master an outreach workflow while developing business acumen, time-management, professionalism, and communication skills.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Sourcing, contacting and pitching to a high volume of custom experts for GLG’s client projects, using effective sales and recruiting techniques by phone and by email
• Meeting and exceeding goals and metrics on multiple high-priority recruiting projects at any given time
• Independently managing your Council Member recruiting pipeline from cold calling to pitching and closing
• Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG’s business model, policies, compliance and terms & conditions
• Clearly articulating the GLG value proposition
• Aligning with the Client Solutions team on urgent client requests, deadlines, and goals in tight time frames and short project life-cycles
• Excelling in a fast-paced and competitive environment where performance is tracked and transparent
• Working collaboratively in partnership with other GLG teammates to develop a deep understanding of the client’s needs
• Adhering to and upholding GLG’s compliance standards and company values
You will have most of the following:
• 1-3 years of experience in inside sales, recruiting, or fundraising
• High motivation to exceed personal weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial quotas
• Confidence in making outbound cold calls when needed and various other outreach methods (LinkedIn messages)
• Fearlessness and ability to professionally manage resistance and consistently close recruits
• Ability to quickly digest and implement feedback and coaching
• Strong problem-solving skills and hustle attitude
• Polished and persuasive verbal and written communication
• Willingness to work flexible and extended hours (including evenings) outside of the traditional workday, as needed based on client needs
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary, commission structure, and comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy.
- The Austin office also offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work-space, an in-office barista bar, book club, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.