GLG’s New Business team within GLG’s financial services business is seeking an experienced New Business/Sales professional to build relationships within a defined territory of private equity firms. To do so, they will utilize best in class sales process and pipeline management, leverage internal product specialists to accelerate sales cycles, consistently close new deals and collaborate with client service partners to successfully on-board new clients. The ideal candidate will have an intense hunger to win, a willingness to learn quickly and the desire to be part of a performance-oriented, team-centric environment.
For each new customer relationship, GLG aligns a range of solutions with the learning needs of senior- and mid-level private equity professionals. This strategic, solutions-focused sale is highly consultative in nature and typically leverages internal product/technical specialists to underscore the value of GLG’s integrated products and services. When successfully implemented, we maximize the value of our relationship for clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships with private equity investment professionals (Associates, VPs, Principals, MDs) and operations personnel (COOs, CFOs) via phone, in-person meetings and email
- Articulate GLG’s market leadership, premium brand, and value proposition in a differentiated manner
- Exhibit customer-centricity, content mastery and command of current trends in private equity
- Develop account plans for top named prospects and strategies for a defined territory
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—client solutions, product, marketing, legal, finance—to accelerate sales cycle and close new business
- Spearhead world-class user and team on-boarding sessions with new clients and users
- Effectively communicate GLG’s Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture and brand
Key performance metrics for this role include core sales activities (i.e. outreach, meetings, new client acquisition), opportunity/pipeline management (i.e. waterfall through stages), new closed revenue and speed of adoption of products/services upon closing.
Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to be creative and commercial and/or have a track record of overachieving in a performance-based environment, preferably but not exclusively, in the financial services industry or consulting industry. A demonstrated interest in and understanding of the content that matters to our private equity is vital.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5 - 8+ years of demonstrated success in one or more of the fields below:
- Financial services and/or subscription sales (new business preferred)
- Diligence, consulting or independent research to investment managers or private equity professionals
- Investment professional or consultant working in a performance-driven environment
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Are motivated by the chase of the hunt in all things “new business”
- Exhibit process discipline and systematic approach to pipeline development
- Are simultaneously team-oriented and strong individual contributors
- Are resilient, perseverant and goal-oriented
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.