Procurement is critical to GLG’s strategy. Its mission is to empower GLG to make the best use of their resources through strategic partnerships and cost insights. The position generally consists of all phases of Procurement related tasks from requisition to contract award, including but not limited to reviewing license agreements, contract terms, evaluating offers, and negotiating agreements. You will also be comfortable with Procure-to-Pay processes and solutions utilized to facilitate an efficient Procurement organization.
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skillset and performance.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee and lead procurement projects in partnership with various business teams
- Collaborate with leadership, legal, and finance to successfully make vendor evaluation, selection and contract management
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity
- Initiates process improvements for the development of the procurement organization.
- Lead contract negotiation, management, and renewals and ensure alignment to GLG standard procurement policies and terms
- Prepare and present business cases, monthly and quarterly metrics reports
- Lead the RFX process which includes interacting with stakeholders to create the SOW
- Participate in global scale contract management and associated logistics
- Develops and ensures compliance with Purchasing policies
- Work remotely when you want, but also access any of our amazing offices, worldwide
You will have most of the following:
- 5+ years of experience in sourcing, ideally much of it focused in Indirect spend
- An understanding of Procure-to-Pay solutions and experience (e.g. Ariba, Coupa, Jaggaer, etc.)
- Ability to translate technical requirements from teams to vendors and legal to facilitate sourcing events and contract
- Proven success in negotiating multiple sourcing events and contract types (e.g. MSAs, IMAs, SOWs, etc.)
- Experience in working with end-to-end projects
- A desire to be a Self-starter, positive attitude, zero ego, ability to problem-solve under minimal supervision and a “can do attitude”
- Self-motivated, details oriented, and highly organized, managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong computer application skills; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.,
- Team player with strong inter-personal communication
- Ability to partner across all levels of the organization
- Cost sensitive, good concept on supplier strategy and management
- Experience working/managing Travel & Entertainment and P-Card programs is a plus
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy.
- Work Environment: Although we are currently on a WFH policy due to the global pandemic, the Austin office offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work-space, an in-office barista bar, book club, a mentor program, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
About GLG/Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.