GLG is seeking an entrepreneurial candidate to join our Project Support team in Austin, Texas. Project Support Managers lead a team of professionals who act as front-line relationship managers to GLG Council Members, a network of business and investment leaders that are driving industry decisions throughout the world, and to GLG clients.
A Project Support Manager will oversee Project Support Specialists (PSS) who are responsible for scheduling consultations between GLG’s clients and selected Council Members, including business leaders, scientists, academics, former public sector leaders and subject matter specialists. PSS will acquire experience and expertise in client servicing and professional communication.
We are seeking candidates who are available to work the following hours: Monday through Friday: 11:00am – 8:00pm Central Time with the option to work from home or remote during the evening hours.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and lead Project Support Specialists, who primarily work from home/remote
- Conduct regularly scheduled individual meetings as necessary to act as a mentor, provide regular performance feedback and quarterly reviews and create personal development plans
- Comfortable providing feedback and engaging in coaching conversations over email and/or phone
- Manage PSS who contribute to the monitoring of scheduled calls and provide coaching to troubleshoot any issues clients or Council Members may encounter
- Grow and develop the team by participating in interviews
- Train and mentor colleagues to ensure excellence in both Council Member and client service, communication skills and compliance
- Motivate and maintain high morale of team members by creative and innovative means
- Help to develop or update team goals, policies and procedures
- Monitor and analyze reports (daily, weekly, and monthly) to enhance team efficiency, quality and productivity
- Manage Project Support Specialists to adhere to quality standards, response times, and processes
- Suggest innovation around products and services that will lead to cost savings, and work with other teams to bring ideas to fruition
- Contribute to, and in some cases lead, key strategic initiatives in partnership with GLG leadership
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer-facing role, or commensurate experience in communications, journalism, marketing, or another relevant field
- Demonstrated success managing direct reports who work primarily from home/remote
- Desire to mentor and manage employees is required
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service
- Demonstrated fluency in using technology tools to improve effectiveness and increase efficiency
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Outlook) and other database and technology tools are required
- Understanding of ZenDesk platform
Candidates for this position must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including:
- A demonstrated ability to understand people and communicate clearly across all mediums
- Resilience / strength of character: the willingness to take risks and overcome failures
- Teamwork and professionalism
Work from Home Requirements:
- A quiet space at home to work without distractions
- Comfortable in a computer-based role for several hours at a time
- Reliable and high-speed hardwired internet with a minimum internet capacity of 5 MBPS down and at least 1 MBPS up
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.