As a Recruiting Specialist you will be responsible for adding ‘new’ experts to GLG’s existing Council Membership of 700,000 thought leaders and practitioners including business leaders, academics, former public sector leaders, and foremost subject matter specialists to advise our clients on their most pressing business challenges and questions. You will own the process of sourcing experts, connecting with, pitching to, and closing on new expert Council Members, ranging from recruiting an expert in a few hours to sourcing ten luxury watch buyers over three days.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Finding relevant experts based on project specifications by using different online sources such as LinkedIn, Google, etc.
- Contacting and pitching to a high volume of custom experts for GLG’s PSF client projects, using effective sales and recruiting techniques in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Meeting and exceeding goals and metrics on multiple high priority recruiting projects, at any given time
- Independently managing your Council Member recruiting pipeline covering sourcing, cold calling pitching, screening and ensuring they sign the terms to become a member
- Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG’s business model, policies, compliance and terms & conditions
- Working closely with the PSF client services team daily to track the overall project progress in tight time frames, depending on duration of project life cycle
- Adhering to and upholding GLG’s compliance standards and company values.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Fluency in English and Italian, French, German, Russian or Polish is required
- Six to eighteen months experience in sales and / or recruiting
- High motivation to exceed weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial goals
- Confidence in making 30+ outbound cold calls each day
- Fearlessness and ability to professionally manage bottlenecks and consistently close recruits
- Hustle, intensity, and a can-do attitude
- Polished and persuasive verbal and written communication
- Ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching in a fast-paced environment
As a Recruiting Specialist, you will learn:
- The value chain of a vast number of industries, by working on multi-sector projects from different geographies.
- Techniques to find key profiles using many online sources, for example LinkedIn Recruiter, Google, etc.
- Professional business communication, both written and verbal as the role requires persuading and negotiating with senior industry experts, i.e. CEO level and below.
- How to manage conflicting priorities as you work on several varied and demanding projects
- Time management and organisation
- Attention to detail
- Being creative and having solution-oriented approach to project challenges
Compensation and benefits:
Competitive base salary, plus monthly commission programme with comprehensive benefits (including healthcare coverage and a contributory pension plan), generous vacation and holiday schedule.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 700,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. GLG typically introduces experts to clients for paid conversations over the phone, face to face meetings, roundtables etc. Visit www.glg.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.