GLG is seeking a highly self-motivated and enthusiastic Scheduling Coordinator to join the Project Support Team in London. Scheduling Coordinators are responsible for scheduling calls between GLG’s clients and selected Council Members, global key opinion leaders and senior industry executives acting in a consultative capacity.
To facilitate these engagements, the Scheduling Coordinator will work closely with both client-facing GLG Client Solutions professionals and GLG’s sophisticated client base, which includes executives from leading financial and investment houses. As a Scheduling Coordinator, you will develop a deep understanding of GLG’s business model and client markets as well as having an opportunity to develop excellent client service experience.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Schedule calls between GLG clients and requested Council Members (experts)
- Navigate requests with compliance requirements and client-specific preferences
- Establish and build strong working relationships with internal Client Solutions partners
- Successfully execute against scheduling request objectives, seeing each project through to completion
- Appreciate the urgency of scheduling calls and prioritizing accordingly to provide timely client service
- Demonstrate adaptability in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience of client/customer service.
- Able to prioritize tasks in order of urgency
- Have superior phone communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Passion for fast-paced learning
- Ability to communicate and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including internal and external stakeholders
- We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Are team orientated
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 650,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 2,000+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.